TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WINE TASTING

This song is about your first love. 
It's just a nice song that I just love for no special reasons. 

Introducing Deana Carter

Yes, she's a country singer haha

They say that the first love is the deepest - there could be truth in that, but I really don't know haha. I've crushes but not real love I guess. (Perhaps I'm heartless...)
They say the person you first fall in love with will leave the longest impression on you and usually, you will never forget that first him/her. This song is just about that. Deana Carter compared her first love to the bitter-sweetness of Strawberry wine. 
It was green on the vine - I personally feel that this phrase perfectly describes the feeling of being young and in love. Green because you're still young and fresh and you are still that naive little girl who desperately seeks love. The vines of love binds you and get you all 'messed' up in the lovey-dovey mood you just can't get yourself out of it. 
As sweet as love can be...it can hurt too...so ya...(I can be quite negative when it comes to relationships so bear with me if I destroy your beautiful picturesque of romance lol. Oh but I do love some love songs...)

I can't personally relate to this song but I'm sure many of you can...so enjoy!!~ 
I hope it brings you back to your first love.

He was working through college on my grandpa's farm 
I was thirsting for for knowledge and he had a car
I was caught somewhere between a woman and a child 
When one restless summer we found love growing wild 
On the banks of the river on a well beaten path 
Funny how those memories they last

Like strawberry wine and seventeen 
The hot July moon saw everything 
My first taste of love oh bittersweet 
Green on the vine 
Like strawberry wine

I still remember when thirty was old 
My biggest fear was September when he had to go 
A few cards and letters and one long distance call 
We drifted away like the leaves in the fall 
But year after year I come back to this place 
Just to remember the taste 

Of strawberry wine and seventeen 
The hot July moon saw everything 
My first taste of love oh bittersweet 
Green on the vine 
Like strawberry wine 

The fields have grown over now 
Years since they've seen a plow 
There's nothing time hasn't touched 
Is it really him or the loss of my innocence 
I've been missing so much 

Like strawberry wine and seventeen 
The hot July moon saw everything 
My first taste of love oh bittersweet 
Green on the vine 
Like strawberry wine 


I don't have the official video for this song but I have this clip from Dancing With The Stars in which Chelsie Hightower waltzes along with Ty Murray. Beautiful dance that made me fall in love with the song. Enjoy!

I love the dance but I love Chelsie's dress even more!!



With Lotsa Love,
TammyC

No comments:

Post a Comment