TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Sunday, December 20, 2009

LONELY WITH SHANNON NOLL


If you do not know who Shannon Noll is, well let me ring a bell.


 Remember the dude who sang "Shine"...the song that was once on our local airwaves, like maybe 5 years ago...

"This is the time, This is the day that we've been waiting for, All the world will stop to watch you shine"

If you still don't remember him, or maybe you've never actually came across his name, oh well, he is actually the runner-up of Australian Idol, the first season. He lost to Guy Sebastian, yes, the supposedly Malaysian but actually not considered Malaysian since he has been there since like a child. But as Malaysian, we love to take credit lar haha...so yes, now that he is Australian Idol, he is supposed to be a Malaysian.


Anak bangsa Malaysia
That's why I'm proud to be a Malaysian

But anyway, the song is about SHANNON NOLL, the runner-up.



I love Shannon Noll's songs too actually. I love 'Shine' and that day, while reminiscing his songs on YouTube, I came across this one entitled "Lonely" and I kinda fell in love with it.

This song was written to his wife who left him. Though I'm not married or *wood-touching* divorced, I don't know why I feel his pain in the song. I can actually feel his sadness of losing the person he loves...

It's a really sad song though I can't relate to it, but I really feel his grief. I can only imagine how it'll be like to have to end a marriage. Another reason I am so afraid of getting married or be in a relationship for that matter....dread the thought of having to lose someone really. Dread the hurt that I'll have to endure. You can feel on cloud nine when you're in love but I know that it's really gonna be pain if things doesn't work out. Many say that if you don't try you don't know...but seriously, there are enough problems in life lar. But I admit heart-breaks and break-ups serve as great inspirations for songs though haha. Look at Shannon Noll ya.

Anyway enjoy this one. Really nice~ 

Sittin' in a hotel miles from nowhere
Thought that this would be my happiness
I look at the phone and pick it up
For the millionth time I put It down again


I know I let you go
And Ive got no right to know
 

Do you ever get lonely, baby
Dont you ever get tired of living that way
Dont you ever wonder whether there a better
life out there
Do you ever think about what we had
And how you'd give anything to get it
back
Do you ever think you'll never love that
way again
Wondering if only
Do you ever get lonely

I look around the room and wonder
When it was and how my life has changed
Im surrounded by a million so - called
friends
And I dont even know their names, oh no

When all of you love is gone
And you feel like you dont belong
Oh tell me 


I know that this world has changed us
Now were nothing more than strangers
But do you think about me ever
Do you think we belong together 


Do you ever miss me
Wishing you could kiss me
If only you could hold me
Do you ever get lonely like me 






No comments:

Post a Comment