TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Monday, December 21, 2009

SLEIGHING ALONG CHRISTMAS SONGS

"Jingle bells, jingle bells..
Jingle bells rock..."  

"Rudolph the red nose reindeer,
Has a really shiny nose..."

 It's Rudolph~!

Seriously, what is Christmas without Christmas songs or Christmas carols?
In fact, what is a festival without the cheers of melodies that hypes up the whole celebratory mood, right? I don't know about you but for me, there's nothing like the feeling of walking into the shopping complexes, with the beautiful lights accompanied by the sounds of Christmas, or the 'GongXi GongXi' of the Chinese New Year.

With Christmas just a few days away, I've got to share with you one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITE Christmas songs.
I remember when I was young (a hopeless romantic then, maybe I still secretly am ahem) I find "Silent Night" amazingly beautiful and soothing to the ears. It is definitely my favourite Christmas track of all times, though of course I've learned to enjoy other Christmas songs now that I'm all grown up.



But if I have to choose one song that I would best accompany me on a Christmas night, it has got to be the peaceful sounds of "Silent Night".



Even celebrities share the Christmas cheers.



We have David Archuleta who has came out with a Christmas album. We also have Andrea Bocelli with his own mesmerizing Christmas tracks. Then joining in are celebrities like Taylor Swift, Aly and AJ, Jessica Simpsons, Jesse McCartney among others.

Taylor Swift has her own version of "Silent Night". I love Taylor but in many ways I still am very much into the conventional version of 'Silent Night' because sometimes, the original Classics has always got the upper-hand of being the 'original'. Nevertheless, I find Taylor's version very creative, different and actually pretty good. Thus, it's definitely worth sharing.




The Christmas songs on my current playlist:
(In random orders)

1. Jingle Bells Rock - Aly & AJ
2. Joy to the World - David Archuleta
3. Melodies of Christmas - David Archuleta
4. The First Noel - Carrie Underwood
5. Last Christmas - Taylor Swift
6. Christmas Must Be Something More - Taylor Swift
7. If Jesus Came Back - Nicole Johnson
8. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree - Jesse McCartney

Some of my other favourites:
1. The Chipmunks singing "This Christmas Don't Be Late" & "12 Days of Christmas
2. N'Sync's Merry Christmas Happy Holidays
3. David Archuleta's Silent Night
4. The joyous rhythms of 'Feliz Navidad'

Well, I wish everyone a joyous and blessed Christmas~
May next year be another great year for everyone.


TammyC

No comments:

Post a Comment