TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Saturday, June 12, 2010

TAKE HER HOME, COUNTRY ROADS

As much as I dislike Miley Cyrus, I have to admit that when she does good tracks, she does good tracks.

Although I find her swerving towards 'slutsville', sometimes, when she does decent tracks like the one I'm introducing here, I sorta see some hope in her staying on her old country roads.


I know perhaps for a person who sings like an eagle's squawk, I am really in no position to give criticism but if you really are interested to know what I feel about Miley Cyrus, I do NOT  like her voice, nor her over-the-top acting in Hannah Montana. Sorry kids....I really don't get the Hannah Montana hype.

But then since some people are making money from the merchandises and soundtracks, then I shall shut up lar haha.

Anyway, "When I Look At You" is like just another love just but if we sing it in a different context, one can dedicate it not to just a lover, but to basically everyone you love. 

Everybody needs inspiration,
(I bloody agree)

Everybody needs a soul, 
(I think it should be, everybody has a soul, it's whether it's empty or not)

A beautiful melody, when the night's so long
(True. If literally translated, it's like when you have one hell of a tiring long day, you need good music to sooth your soul. Figuratively translated, when you are going through a rough patch, it's like you just need a melody in a form of good advice to help you move on)

'Cause there's no guarantee that life is easy
(Duh...)

Yea...
When my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I, I look at you

When the waves are flooding the shores
And I can't find my way home anymore
That's when I, I look at you....

When I look at you,
I see forgiveness
I see the truth
You love me for who I am
Like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
And I know I'm not alone

Everyone is in search for that someone who they can 'look at' or 'look up to' or admire or adore, someone who makes them feel whole and complete, usually in the form of companion.

Sometimes, I really don't know if there's really such fairytale out there, where someone compliments you and fits just right. Perhaps I'm over-exposed to the reality of complicated relationships that seriously, I am very cynical about relationships. But then again, I'm always secretly hoping that I'll meet my Chris Richardson, James Marsden or Andrew Upton soon.

But I guess love songs like this are for people who are still madly in love in life. For them, they can appreciate and submerge into the lyrics better. For me, the closest people I can relate the song to are my family and friends, which are VIPs in my life.

You appear just like a dream to me
(When that someone you like seemed so perfect, it's like a dream come true. I'm still dreaming...)

Just like Kaleidoscope colours that cover me 
(When you've found the right one, you feel cheerful and happy and all you see is the colours of joy...I guess)

All I need
Every breath that I breathe
Don't you know you are beautiful

This is definitely one of the better songs sang by Miley Cyrus.
I think she should really stick to more mellow tracks...Help me like her more, or well, at least her music a bit more. I mean country at the end of the day, is still my cup of tea.

This song is OST of "The Last Song", a movie which stars Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth.


Is it any good? Well I've yet to watch it but I'm pretty certain that from the looks of it, it is definitely a "A Walk To Remember" and "Dear John" kinda movie., since well, it is based on Nicholas Spark's novel.


This is one of those romantic movie that has a drastically depressing ending (even the poster looks depressing) or one hell of a touching ending, that will indirectly contribute to the massacre of more trees in the forests in order to produce the tissue we use to wipe our tears. 

After flashing through the synopsis online, the movie is partly about father-daughter relationship, besides first love. Isn't Miley sick of starring in all these father-daughter movies? I mean, I am sick of her playing these roles...so sorry man. Besides, it is super obvious that 80 to 90% of the movie would be on love ANYWAY.
Nevermind....save the critics for later. I haven't even watch it yet and so I could end up liking the movie.

Anyway, enjoy the song...



With Lotsa Love & hopefully not my last Miley Cyrus song,
TammyC



No comments:

Post a Comment