TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Saturday, January 29, 2011

SERENDIPITY IS ALWAYS SWEET; THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT

Lee Dewyze's  was the season I skipped as I sorta lost interest.

But since his style is so similar to Kris Allen's, I sorta liked that he won. 


But I didn't expected that he was actually that good, because to be honest, he didn't really captured my attention as he was overshadowed by the likes of Casey and Crystal.....But oh well, it's not fair for me to judge since I didn't watch the show at all, and practically skipped all his performances.

I discovered his talents through Youtube when I was busy searching for Kris Allen's tracks. His  rendition of "Everybody Hurts" was what captured my attention, because it was so good! 

I began to start searching for more of his songs - but then again, his best was still "Everybody Hurts", although his rendition of U2's "Beautiful Day" did come close. 

Was pretty excited when his first single, "Sweet Serendipity" was released, but to be honest, it was only so-so to my ears the first time I heard it...not like those songs that just capture you like "WOW".

The song's melody was okay, but sadly, can't really hear the words he was singing and so, I wasn't really enjoying it. 

But like certain songs I love, it takes a few times before the ears start liking what they hear. It was while I was stuck in a traffic jam, where I really understood what Lee was conveying through this track and it strikes me at the moment that THIS IS A GREAT SONG! 

The song is meaningful and I believe it contains 3 simple messages that I believe in:
 - "Don't Worry, Be Happy"...(because...)
- "Things Happen when you least expect it"
- And I guess, it tells us to be grateful too. :)

I feel like I do live by the words he is singing; and if I get too low or sad, I'll try to remember the messages...

 "Sweet Serendipity" by Lee Dewyze

I ain't got no car
And I got one pair of jeans,
They've been stretched too far
And now they are weak at the seams
I can't say what's next
And I've got nothing up my sleeve
But I don't lose my head
'Cause it really ain't up to me

Sometimes, we might feel that we do not have as much as what others have but we should be grateful for what we have around us. We can't predict our future, what's gonna happen next, so there's no point being upset or sad about the situation we are in. The best thing to do is to enjoy what we have now and live the moment. :D 

I try to do that every day, try...I'm only human, and there's only so many days I can fake a smile and be happy and disregard all the sadness. But come to think of it, at the end of the day, being sad about a situation is the worst thing you can do because it is useless. 

CHORUS:
And I'm doing just fine
I'm always landing on my feet
In the nic of time
And by the skin of my teeth
I ain't gonna stress
'Cause the worst ain't happened yet
Something's watching over me like
Sweet serendipity

My dad said the other day, looking back, didn't we make it through all our hardships?
Yes, it wasn't the easiest times of our lives - we struggled and we fell and we learned and we've been sad, we've cried....but at the end of it....didn't we pull through?

That's the thing about life - we just need to get through that particular rough patch. There's always a rough patch but we only need the patience and the strength to go through it. 

It's true that I feel that I'm doing just fine although there were a couple of times, I've felt so low that I felt I can't climb back up. But just like sang in the song, I know there's something or someone out there watching over me and every time, I made it through; we made it through. One thing I always force myself to think is that "Everything is temporary, you won't be sad for too long".

I don't ask for a lot
No nothing more than I need
Because I love what I got
Don't need to play the lottery
I just want to be strong at the end of the road
I don't want to hold on
I want the strength to let go

I have my requests but at the end of the day, although I do feel sad sometimes when I don't get the things I want, I've learned to be thankful for all the great things I have. I really do love everything that I've got, and really, I shouldn't be asking for more. :)

And if there's one thing I ask for more than anything, is the strength to go through every day - strength to go through the problems, the challenges, the things I hate, the people who get in the way...strength to face all of this and still be happy. 

And the most important of all, it is true that we need strength to let go because I feel that it there is one thing that's hardest to do, it is to learn to let go. Letting go is really tough although it seems easy saying it. 

CHORUS

Don't look fate can only find you
You can't choose for something to surprise you
Set sail without a destination
Just see where the wind will take you
You never know when you're gonna fall
But I'm not worried
No I'm not worried....

Yep, that's how I live life sometimes - no planning what-so-ever...
I just go by the sway of the winds, I guess it's bad in some ways, but sometimes, I feel that planning too far is a waste of time because you just don't know what will happen anyway, and chances are, things might not even turn out the way you planned. So really, why waste time planning when I can just live the moment? 

That's how I have always opted to think. When people ask me, where do I see myself 30 years from now...I can't really give a definite answers...there are so many things I want to do, and I guess I can only tell them what I will try to do and do whichever that presents the opportunity at the right time.

I've learned that there's no point pushing things, no point wanting desperately for something....don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm asking you not to fight for it, or not to work hard for something; I'm just saying, you'll have to learn to let go when the time isn't right. I have learned that sometimes, things might not work out the way I want it to be (for example, I still did not manage to be a journalist, as I aspired to), but in the end, things are working out for me in different ways. And I'll never know what will happen and what I'll end up doing 10 years from now.

So the best thing to do is live the moment and wait for your sweet serendipity. It comes quite often. :)

Enjoy the video. I really love it. Very nicely done; simple but nice to watch. 


With Lotsa Love
TammyC








No comments:

Post a Comment