TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Sunday, April 18, 2010

SHOW YOUR TRUE COLOURS

I really need to update the my music blog but  right now, all the songs on my playlist are from "Glee".

So I guess, I can only think of "Glee" songs to post haha.
This song has been one of my favourites and the cast of Glee brought tears to my eyes with their beautiful rendition of it.

It's a touching song that reminds us to be ourselves.
I guess that in life, there are many people trying to define who we should be, and I guess there are times in which you try so hard to please others, you just lost sight of who you are. And usually, when you aren't yourself, you are not really happy.

I've been in some ways in that situation; I guess sometimes, I just don't know who I really am, or don't dare be who I think I am because I'm worried that I won't be accepted or that I'll be judged. 

But at the end of the day, one is most beautiful when they are themselves - though weird or quirky, it is those unique qualities that set one apart. And the people who accept and love you for the way you are the people in life that you should treasure and love. Because they are the ones who will always tell you that you are special in your own way, especially when you feel so out of place. I guess I've always needed someone to tell me that, though I still haven't had anyone tell me that yet. Oh well...

This is Phil Collin's True Colours, which was also sang by the cast of Glee.




You with the sad eye
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realise
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And darkness still inside you
Make you feel so small

But I see your true colors
Shinin' through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful, 
Like a rainbow.

Show me a smile then, 
Don't be unhappy, 
Can't remember when I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors, 
True colors, are beautiful, 
Like a rainbow

Ah ah ah

Spoken: Can't remember when I last saw you laughing

If this world makes you crazy
You've taken all you can bear
You call me up (call me up)
Because you know I'll be there (know I'll be there)

And I'll see your true colors
Shining through (I see them shining through)
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you (that's why I love you)
So don't be afraid (afraid) to let them show
Your true colors, true colors
I see your true colors shining through (yeah)
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid (afraid) to let them show
Your true colors
True colors, true colors
True colors, are beautiful like a rainbow


The original version of the song by Mr. Phil Collins

Jenna Ushkowitz did even better in recording, I think she's really nervous in this performance for the White House but she is good! 


Enjoy and don't be afraid to show your True Colours!~
Remember, we should always colour our own book and not let other define our colours.


With Lotsa Love,
TammyC

No comments:

Post a Comment