TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Monday, April 12, 2010

YOU CAN'T DEFY GLEE-VITY

Okay, recently, I'm so into Glee because I just got the whole season 1 from my colleague. Super!! 


Love this Hairspray style poster

I've heard many talk about this TV show and how brilliant it is but I never got a chance to watch it because I just didn't find the motivation to actually download it. You know, I'm always having troubles when it comes to downloading TV shows. I never get the ones I want complete. 



So yes, I was ecstatic and feeling "glee"ful about the fact that I've all 13 episodes of "Glee" now safely in my hard drive. I've been watching it over the weekend, trying to limit myself to 2 episodes per night so that I don't finish all of it so soon. I still have 2 more episodes before I finish all 13. The storyline of "Glee" is pretty much like any teen series but what makes it exceptional is that it has theatrical elements in it and it is accompanied by super cool songs and music!! That is why it rocks.

Many who knows me well would know that I'm a huge fan of musicals because I love music - I love to sing (or some would prefer to call it screaming my lungs out, out of tune) and also dance (though some would prefer to call it, crazy movements that almost imitates one having a seizure). So I've been told that "Glee" is definitely the TV show for me and IT IS!

Okay what am I doing here talking about "Glee"  in my music blog, right?
Oh well, of all the great songs the cast of "Glee" has been doing, I was most awed by this one when Rachel and Kurt sang it. This song went deep into my heart and touches me with its melody and lyrics. I mean, the rest of the songs are also brilliant and fun, but this one, captures me the first time I heard it, maybe because I've never heard it before.

So here is "Defying Gravity".
I love the lyrics to this song because it tells us to go beyond limits, go against words that tries to belittle you, so that we achieve things that we were told we can't do. It tells us to reach for the stars; it is a really inspirational song.



Rachel:

Something has changed within me, 
Something is not the same.
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game.

Kurt:
Too late for second-guessing, 
Too late to go back to sleep.
It's time to trust my instincts, 
Close my eyes and leap.

Both:
It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye I'm
Defying Gravity
And you won't bring me down... 

Rachel:
I'm through accepting limits
'Cause someone says they're so.

Kurt:
Some things I cannot change, 
But till I try, I'll never know.

Rachel:
Too long I've been afraid of

Kurt:
Losing love I guess I've lost.

Both:
Well, if that's love, 
It comes at much too high a cost! 

I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity.
Kiss me goodbye, 
I'm defying gravity.
I think I'll try
Defying Gravity
And you won't bring me down.

I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity.
Kiss me goodbye, 
I'm defying gravity.
I think I'll try
Defying Gravity

And you won't bring me down.
Bring me down! 

Ahhahhoahh 

This is the Glee cast version of the song

"Defying Gravity" is apparently from the musical "Wicked", and popularly sang by Idina Menzel. Okay, I could be biased but Glee version is still better haha.
Enjoy.
Below I've embedded the album version of the song.


So I'll leave you with this great track and til' next time.

With Lotsa Love,
TammyC
Trying to be GLEE~ 














No comments:

Post a Comment