TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Monday, August 9, 2010

YOURS FAITHFULLY

Faithful.................
One word which denotes a concept that many wished that their partner would adhere to.

Faithfully
A song in which I wish to share.


I believe this track has been on the US Top 40 charts for the past few weeks (if I'm not mistaken) due to the popularization by the cast of Glee. I fell in love with the song when I watched Lea Michelle who played Rachel and Cory Monteith who played Finn in Glee marched out of that concert door, first in a very subtle but touching voice before blasting the stereos with their climatic but wonderful rendition of Journey's "Faithfully". The feeling the song gave me, was indescribable for some reason - it definitely created the climatic moment for that particular last episode of Glee.

In the beginning, I love the song because when I listen to it, I feel a connection to the cast of Glee and their journey. Its melody also somehow touches me in a good kind of weird way.

But then after listening to its lyrics, I appreciate the song for its meaning, brilliantly describing a feeling of love that I never had for someone, but then, wished I could feel for someone. 


My take on the song is how a musician describes being loved by a woman and because she sacrificed so much for him, he sort of vowed that he will be forever hers, faithfully.

When I listen to this song, I like to imagine myself as the girl who fell in love with a guy who is a musician and then relate it to how our love is for one another.

Faithfully
Highway run
Into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round 
You're on my mind

Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sending all my love along the wire

I love how the first two verses narrate in perfect imagery of a man who is constantly on the road, traveling, but is always thinking about the girl he loves, who is waiting faithfully back home for his next return. At night, the man sleeps alone, unable to physically show his love for the woman he loves, but he does it only through the telephone....

They say the road ain't no place to start a family
Right down the line it's been you and me
And loving a music man ain't always what's supposed to be
Oh girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully...

Since the man is constantly traveling, the woman perhaps felt that it won't be ideal to have a child grow up without a father who is always there, and thus, sacrificing her rights of being a mother.  
I feel that the man truly felt touched by how the woman is still so loyal to him and would make such difficult decisions, such as to not mother a child, just to be with him.

Circus life
Under the big top world 
We all need the clowns to us smile
Through space and time
Always another show
Wondering where I am 
Lost without you

It's not always fun to be a performer. Imagine being sad but having to still put on that smiling face. And the things that were once done because of passion, has become meaningless repetitions. The man ponders that without the love of the woman, he won't know what purpose he has in the world.

And being part ain't easy on this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscovering you
Oh girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully...

I love this verse because I feel that it is very true.
If my husband were a traveling man, every time he comes back after a long time, I guess my love for him would be stronger. We're like strangers who will learn to fall in love again and it'll be like seeing that guy for the first time all over again...and although for some, that might not work out, I guess for this man, he loves the feeling of being able to rediscover the woman he loves again.

For me, I think that would be a beautiful thing too. Sometimes when you are seeing that someone 24-7, you just get so bored and your partner will slowly get on your nerves. But not seeing someone often makes you realize how badly you miss and love that person, strengthening the bond and the love relationships between the couple. 

This is one of my favourite Glee song among the other splendid tunes.
Say what you want about Glee but it is one of the best TV series ever!
I shall leave you with Glee's "Faithfully"...in which I'm faithfully listening to...

P/S: Can't stressed enough that Finn is hot


The full song...

With Lotsa Love,
And Faithfully...
TammyC

No comments:

Post a Comment