TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Friday, October 23, 2009

BOYS LIKE GIRLS GAVE ME & MY EARS ANOTHER GREAT ESCAPE


Okay
I'm sure most of you know Boys Like Girls after their famous hit "The Great Escape".
I remember screaming to that song inside my car....

"Throw it away, forget yesterday, We'll MAKE THE GREAT ESCAPE! We won't hear a word they say, They don't know us anyway"

I mean, seriously, it is REALLY FUN to blast the car stereo & do that. Try it! What better place to sing it than your car, simulating your own great escape, especially after a long tiring or stressful day.

I remember once I was so upset with something & this song just made my day.

So, my sister told me to listen to this new one by Boys Like Girls featuring my favourite Taylor Swift. The title of the song "Two Is Better Than One".

Okay lar, the first time I heard it I wasn't feeling the 'syokness' (excitedness) in me; maybe partly because it is recommended by my 'arch-enemy' a.k.a. my sister. So as usual, the egoistic part of me just think that it is one normal song.

It doesn't help me like the song when my sis keep singing it 24-7 a day...partly out of tune.
But today, I saw someone's Facebook status, "Two is better than One" and I thought, I actually felt like listening to it.

SO straight from the office, I downloaded it....

And now, it's gonna be stuck in my playlist for a while =)

I remember what you wore the first day
You came into my life

And I thought hey
You know this could be something
'Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I'm left with nothing


Some way, somehow, I can't seem to remember what my crushes wore the first time I saw them. But I guess I know the feeling of thinking....hmm...what's this feeling? Could he be it? LOL...usually, he is not haha...


The boys... (who like girls or are somewhat like girls :P)


So maybe it's true,
that I can't live without you

Maybe two is better than one

But There's so much time,
to figure out the rest of my life

And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two, is better than one



I guess there will be a time where this special someone arrive in your life and you feel that suddenly, you just fall so head over heels and then other things in your life doesn't seem to make any sense anymore. You give up everything just for him - the things that you want, maybe sometimes, the direction that you think you want to head...
It makes you wonder, who are you and why is this feeling messing me up?

Personally, I've never fallen that crazily in love before. I mean, I've crushed a few times & gone half crazy ...hmm...somehow, I'm pretty set in what I feel I want. Never really felt like I'm coming undone when it comes to relationships and love. Maybe because I haven't really meet that one person yet.

I remember giving up a chance to practically see my crush everyday just because I chose my internship in production rather than another non-production job, in which I'll be situated nearer to him. He will send me to work and back...Well, I gave that up. I didn't regret it. I think again, I'm selfish huh...I always put myself first. So, I guess at this point in life, my career, my dreams are still pretty intact. As for relationships, I really hope that I can meet someone that I'd want to give up everything for (though chances are slim) and a person who is worth me selflessly loving. Okay back to reality...

I remember every look upon your face,
The way you roll your eyes,
the way you taste

You make it hard for breathing
'Cause when I close my eyes and drift away
I think of you and everything's okay

And finally now, believing


Taylor starts to sing this verse, describing her feelings.
Problems breathing it seems. Lol...
Well of course, you just can't talk properly when you are face-to-face with someone who takes your breathe away. Been there. I like this verse.


The girl


So is Two better than One?
You decide!

The album Are you love drunk? If you are, you'd really like this one


The acoustic version:



The one with Taylor:

















Love,
TammyC
Enjoy!
My great Escape & Of course, 2 is better than one

No comments:

Post a Comment