TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Saturday, October 3, 2009

LOVE ME FOR ALL THAT I AM

If you are my age, you'd probably remember a group call A*Teens.
Okay call me lame but I was once a huge fan okay. I mean, they are okay. I still enjoy some of their music no matter what some might say.

So, I was going through my old playlist and suddenly I remember this song.

"For All That I Am" by A*Teens

(From left) Amit, Marie, Sara & Dhani makes A*Teens

Suddenly, I feel that I can relate to this song even though I'm not in a relationship.
I guess this song applies to my feelings towards my friends and family members sometimes.

I'm sorry, made you feel sorry

Last night, I came home too late
And you were there waiting
I know, it's easy to call
I guess I wasn't thinking of you
It's not that I don't care
You should know me better by now...

CHORUS
I am sorry if I made you lonely and sad
I am sorry if I made you feel bad
What I'm trying to say
I'm not always that way
So love me for all that I am

I know (I know)
I often forget
To say that I love You (that I love you)
And Yes (And Yes)
I truly regret
The times that I might have hurt you that way
It's not that I don't care
You should know me better by now

You know sometimes I am so forgetful and so engaged with stuff that I neglect some friends or some of my family members. I neglect the ones I really love. I guess deep in my heart I truly care for them, it's just that sometimes, I might get a bit carried away. Then when I think back of how I've neglected them, I feel so so bad but I never really would go to them and tell them how much I actually cared. So, I guess this song aptly describe my feelings...I just hope that people accept me for who I am, even though I'm such a screw up sometimes.

True, I may defend the things I do
Though I know deep down I'm am wrong
But when the heat comes done it's you
That keeps me going on

This most aptly describes me personally. Because of my irritable egoistic nature, I always am defensive. I know! I hate that too but I can't seem to control myself for wanting to be RIGHT ALL THE TIME! And after saying the things I say, sometimes I truly regret it. I wish that I wasn't that defensive at the moment because I know in some ways, it make me look like such a b**** and I hurt others at times without knowing it. And, it's so sad that I hurt the ones I actually love. When I love someone, sometimes I guess I become even more critical about them and that kind of pushes them away from me. I guess like the lyrics go, at the end of the day, it is actually them that makes my day and make me who I am. They are the ones I care about but they are also the ones I might have hurt the most.

So at the end of the day, I really hope that people love me for who I am as a person, even with all my weaknesses (believe me, LOADS OF THEM) because I love them all...

Now don't be judgmental but A*Teens songs are pretty good. This is only one song that brings back memories. There are a few other great tracks that I'd share maybe some other time.

CHECK THIS SONG OUT:






Remember, I love all of you
Please love me too


Love,
TammyC

2 comments:

  1. Aww.. Such a heartfelt confession. I feel you.. in fact, I can relate too.. I remember A-Teens back then for the Abba remakes; but especially the Lilo and Stitch song "Can't help falling in love". I actually wrote this reply a few days ago.. but I suppose the Internet was very unstable.. Anywho, just wanted to tell ya that I like your attitude of expressing yourself this way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I know Ateens are only famous for that one song but they actually have a few more nice ones. Haha thx for 'feeling' it by the way.

    ReplyDelete