TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Saturday, October 3, 2009

BUTTERFLY FLYING AWAY

BUTTERFLY FLY AWAY by Miley Cyrus















Though I love country music, I am not a Miley Cyrus fan. I've mentioned before I don't get the Hannah Montana hype but let's not get into that. But I have to admit, there are a few songs by Miley that I actually like. One of them is the latest "Butterfly Fly Away" from the movie Hannah Montana.

I really love the song's melody and the fact that the song is about her dad.
Country girls are always daddy's girl. I guess I am in some ways a daddy's and mummy's girl. I can be with both of them and chat about stuff.


Miley & Billy Ray Cyrus


My dad is a bit reserved and conservative but once we get with the flow, he can really talk a lot. He is one of the wisest man ever and though he preach a lot, sometimes, I don't really mind listening to the things he say over and over. Of course there are times I wished that he would save it. Haha but my dad is a great man.
You tucked me in, Turned out the lights, Keep me safe and sound at night, Little girls depend on things like that

I remember when I was small, after watching any scary movies, me and my sis would have problems sleeping at night. So what we would do is run next door to my dad's room and sleep next time him first...See, we would always feel safer with our dad next to us...Don't know why.

Brushed my teeth and combed my hair
Had to drive me everywhere

You were always there when I looked back


You had to do it all alone,

Make a living, make a home,

Must have been as hard as it could be

Well my mum does all my brushing and combing of hair, but my dad and grandpa does drive me everywhere and ALL OF THEM WERE ALWAYS THERE WHEN I LOOKED BACK. So, they really are the people I love a lot a lot because their sacrifice (not just driving me everywhere) is priceless. I guess everything that they've done for me are hard and difficult and I always worry if I could have done the same for my own offsprings. Honestly, I still am doubting it. So, my parents and grandparents are really great!

And when I couldn't sleep at night,
Scared things wouldn't turn out right,

You'd hold my hand and sing to me....

Well my parents don't really sing to me at night but I'll always remember the times where we sing in the car to songs like "Tiny Bubbles", "Que Sera Sera" and "Who stole the cookie from the cookie pot?". Our Sundays used to be family day out and sometimes we sing songs in cars. It was really fun.

Caterpillar in the tree,
How you wonder who you'll be,

Can't go far but you can always dream,
Wish you may and wish you might,

Don't you worry hold on tight,

I promise you there will come a day

Butterfly Fly Away

Butterfly Fly Away (butterfly fly away)

Flap your wing now you can't stay

Take those dreams and make them all come true

Butterfly Fly Away (butterfly fly away)

We been waiting for this day

All along and know just what to do

Butterfly,
Butterfly, Butterfly,
Butterfly Fly Away
(Butterfly Fly Away)


The chorus sings about how a dad wish that his daughter or son would go far in life...
I mean everyone of us has to learn how to be independent one day and fly away from the safe cocoon in the form of our parents. And of course parents would want us to go as far as we can and make all our dreams come true.


I think it is really a beautiful track that anyone would enjoy.






My dad & my mum



Love,
TammyC



No comments:

Post a Comment