TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DIGGIN' JAY SEAN NOT JAY CHOU ;P

Consider me outdated but I realize that most of the songs I write about are kinda stale...
Well, it's not that I have problem keeping up with the trend, it's just that sometimes one gets bored with current hits and I seek refuge in other song genres that are unheard of in Malaysia. And no I'm not talking about underground or indie bands though. I guess I'm more of an old soul in some ways...so I kinda enjoy country. Opps! Did I just say that country are meant for old people? No I don't mean that because I don't believe that. I mean now that Taylor Swift had won 4 Grammys, it's safe to say that country music isn't all boring.

Anywayzzzz....
It's been ages since I spent any time here. Well, I've been busy catching up with the "Supernatural" boys, Sam and Dean haha. So, ya I'm busy hunting supernatural stuff with them that I kinda neglected music for a bit. But I'll be back! See, I'm back already!

I was driving out with my bro to pump the car petrol yesterday when I heard the acoustic version of this song. 



Okay, hear me out! I'm not THAT outdated okay. I've known this song long time ago and I love it. I love Jay Sean's music. He makes everything sound beautiful. I've been a fan of his since his single "Stolen" and I'm so glad his back with not one, but multiple great tracks!!

So ya, I heard the acoustic version only yesterday but according to the bro, he has heard it many times and he's already sick of it. Show off or just to tell me how behind time I am.

"Down" by Jay Sean - The Acoustic Version
ps: I still don't understand why King Kong and YC don't like this song. Hello???????



Baby are you down, down, down, down, down,
Down........, Down............
Even if the sky is falling down,
Down......., Down..........
Oooohhhhhhhhhhh....

You oughta know, 
Tonight is the night to let it go,
Put on a show,
I wanna see how you lose control

BRIDGE:
So leave it behind 'cause we have a night to get away,
So come on and fly with me, as we make our great escape

CHORUS:
So baby don't worry,
You are my only,
You won't be lonely,
Even if the sky is falling down,
You'll be my only
No need to worry
Baby are you down, down, down, down, down...
Down............, Down.........
Baby are you down, down, down, down, down...
Down............, Down.........
Even if the sky is falling down

Just let it be,
Come on and bring your body next to me,
I'll take you away
Hey, turn this place into our private getaway

REPEAT BRIDGE & CHORUS

Even if the sky is falling down like she's supposed to be,
She gets down low for me
Down like her temperature,
Cause to me she's zero degrees,
She cold, overfreeze,
I got that girl from overseas,
Now she's my miss America,
Now I can be her soldier please,
I'm fighting for this girl
On a battlefield of love,
She got me look like baby cupid sending arrows from above,
Don't you ever leave the side of me,
Indefinitely, not probably,
And honestly I'm down like the economy
Yeah........

When I thought there are no other versions of this track...I found the ballad version. Well, it has it's romantic flavour in it but I still prefer the acoustic one. The ballad one is not bad though. Enjoy and take your pick!

The ballad version

And not forgetting the original recipe 

Jay Sean is definitely the man!!

He really can sing and I look forward to more great music from him. His "Do You Remember" is also friggin' hot! Though his songs are mostly about love and very R&B, I still dig his style. (Ps: He's kinda hot too ;P but not very optimistic about the economy though haha)

With Lotsa Lurve,
TammyC

No comments:

Post a Comment