TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Monday, February 8, 2010

THE BEAUTY OF RAIN

If Dana Glover doesn't sound at all familiar to you, well, it doesn't to me either.
But I discovered her few days ago and suddenly, I became a fan of her songs. I was re-watching Dancing with the Stars Season 8 when I saw Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas waltzing through the song "It's you (I have loved)" by Dana Glover (of course...duh haha).



Impressed with her song, which happened to be OST of Shrek, I then went Youtubing for her other songs.

I came across this meaningfully beautiful one entitled "Rain".
Very powerful lyrics that would certainly remind us with family and friends how lucky we are. As for those who feel lonely, I believe this song will remind you that you are not forgotten...God is always there for you...Your are never really alone. But I know, it's always easier said than done. I know the times when I feel so alone, and that no one understands me is not as worst if compared to those out there who literally has no one out there for them.

Anyway enjoy this song. 




Rain..
Rain..

Rain, Her mother gave her a name on a weary day
24 hours of pain then she gave her away
Into the arms of another family
Into a life of confusion and misery

Rain, day after day in her room where the walls are bare
No dreams exist in the eyes of her empty stare
Night after night in her room with no one to care
She lays her head down to cry and whispers a prayer

Oh woah...

Oh God there must be some mistake
But no one's ever loved me
I'd like to believe in you and I try
But I'm just so lonely

Rain...
Rain...

Rain, she's got smile in her heart no one's ever seen
She's got a life in her mind and a crave to dream
She walks alone on her way to a secret place
And fills up her soul up with tears
Such a silent space

Woah, woah, woah...

Rain, one tennis shoe on the ledge one in midair
She feels a whispering breeze rushing through her hair
She lifts her face to the sky in complete dispair
And cries aloud in the night with her very last prayer

Oh..., oh God there must be some mistake
But no one's ever loved me
But if there's something more in my life you can make
Here I am won't you show me

And then the clouds began to roll
And the peace replaced her pain
And on her face and in her soul
She felt the drops of that sweet, sweet

Rain
Pourin' Rain
I need your love to rain down on me
Rain...

Ironically, though rain metaphorically represents sorrow and sadness, the song portrayed rain as a symbol of hope, a gesture of love from God, reminding us that there is always something or someone there for us. 

I love how the writer name the girl Rain, symbolizing her duality, just like the rain - both representing sadness but also beautiful.
I've always love the rain...and I guess this song aptly justify why.
Plus, there's always a rainbow after the rain...















With Lotsa Lurve,
TammyC hoping that the rains in 2010 will be tears of joy

No comments:

Post a Comment