TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I WROTE HERE

"I Was Here" is a brilliant song by Lady Antebellum.


If you don't know who Lady Antebellum are, well, you really should because they are one of the fastest growing country music band. Consisting of 3 members, Hilary Scott, Charles Kelley and Dave Heywood, Lady Antebellum strums out some of the greatest country songs I've heard. They have their own unique country style that are just as enjoyable as Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift and Shania Twain, just to name a few country artistes.

The first time I heard about them was on radio, when FlyFM mentioned this band. Soon after, I saw their performance during the Grammy Awards and kinda fell in love with them. In fact, they did won a few Grammy awards. (I believe related to upcoming new artiste or something). 

I then went searching for more of them and among other brilliant tracks, I found this song super inspiring. 


You will notice me
I'll be leavin' my mark, like initials carved in an old oak tree
you wait and see
maybe I'll write like Twain wrote
maybe I'll paint like Van Gough,
cure the common cold
I don't know but I'm ready to start cuz I know in my heart

I wanna do something that matters
say something different
something that sets the whole world on it's ear
I wanna do somethin better, with the time I've been given
and I wanna try to touch a few hearts in this life
and leave nothin less that something that says I was here

I will prove you wrong
If you think I'm all talk, you're in for a shock
cuz this streams too strong, and before too long
maybe I'll compose symphonies
maybe I'll fight for world peace
cuz I know it's my destiny to leave more that a trace of myself in this
place
And I know that I, I will do more than just pass through this life
I'll leave nothin less that somethin that says I was here, I was here, 
I was here, I was here

Wanna do something that matters
somethin that says I was here
wanna do somethin that matters
somethin that says I was here, I was here

The song kinda me of the things that I'd like to do everyday, especially the chorus. I hope that  in whatever I do, I could make a difference in the world and help people. That is something I want to do ultimately with my life - to inspire. Though there are many many times I feel like a useless loser, I guess it's songs like these that serves as a reminder and a booster to get you going again. I'm not perfect but I always wish that I can at least make one person out there happier or feel better. Sigh...I'm not sure if I'm doing it enough though. I feel that I screw things up quite a lot.

Well, I'm going to start another new chapter in life soon and hopefully, this chapter brings adventure and loads of fun. And hopefully, along the way, I will be making a mark and a huge difference in someone's life - help make their lives a better one.

With all that said, enjoy this song!


With Lotsa Love,
TammyC


No comments:

Post a Comment