TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Monday, January 4, 2010

OUR TEMPORARY HOME

This is a song that will touch anyone's heart.
Even if you don't like the singer, you cannot deny how good this song is.
This song is by Carrie Underwood.



It's a song about hope. A song that helps you look forward to better days.
It's a song that makes me super emotional almost everytime I listen to it, especially when I'm driving in my car, on the way home.

Imagine how strong the lyrics are.
It reaches right into your heart. Every single word translates emotion in my heart and my mind. 

Little boy 6 years old,
A little to use to being alone,
Another new mum & dad,
Another school,
Another house that would never be home...

Well people ask him how he likes this place,
He looks up and say,
With a smile upon his face...

This is my temporary home,
It's not where I belong,
The windows & rooms,
That I'm passing through,
This is just a stop,
On the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know,
This is my temporary home.

Have you ever felt like you don't belong...
It's like everything you do or say there feels so wrong.

Young mum on her own,
She needs a little help, got no where to go,
She's looking for a job,
Looking for a way out,
'Cause a halfway house will never be a home,
At night she whispers to her baby girl,
Someday we'll find a place here in this world


I'm kinda in this situation. I'm looking for a job - I'm looking for a life. I feel so useless lately that I can't even describe it. I feel like I'm chasing something non-existing - that is to love my job. Is it so hard to do something you love? Am I wrong? But I guess my situation is not as bad as a desperate mum seeking for a job to support her kid. That's even worst. I guess at the end of the day, I still need to count my blessings and stop my frigging complaints ya. 

Old man. hospital bed,
The room is filled with people he loved,
And he whispers don't cry for me,
I'll see you all someday,
He looks up and said,
I can see God's face...

This verse gets me crying almost all the time. It's a part that reminds me of my grandfather and how I didn't even get to say my last goodbye to him. He's a nice man, whom I believe deserves a better death - and not die at age 83 after having all those needles bruises him due to his cancer treatments. The worst part is, none of us were there to say goodbye and tell him how much we love him.



My grandfather. grandmother and me.

I miss him and I'd like to see him again someday.

But this song reminds us that this is just a temporary place. Our sorrows, our happiness and our lives are just temporary. Sometimes, I wonder why we lived...sigh. I never wonder about that. I always believed in enjoying life and all but lately, I just don't know what I'm living for anymore. Things have been so low for me that I don't see true happiness anymore. I sincerely hope it is TEMPORARY. That's why this song inspire me.

I guess in many ways I've lost faith and that's why I'm so down. I don't know what to believe and think anymore. I doubt whether I should or should not pursue my dream career or should just settle with just another job. I guess it's better than doing nothing.
Nevermind. I know I'm a bore, always talking about my own problems and neglecting others.

But this is a real good song that inspires people. Especially when you are feeling down, remember that things are always changing and not lasting. We'll soon find better days to be happy about. Currently...that's what pull me through.



Lotsa Lurve,
TammyC signing off from home.
Still waiting for that call that would change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment