TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Friday, January 22, 2010

DO YOU WANT TO CRY ON MY SHOULDER?? - SORRY BUT IT'S RESERVED FOR V.I.P. ONLY =P

Since the Idol pandemic strikes again, I thought it would be apt for me to write about a particular Idol song which I happen to like haha. And this is no ordinary Idol song.

Now I'm pretty sure you  guys all know that the 'Idol' format is adopted in many different parts of the globe. This song I'm introducing is actually sung by the contestants on Deutschland Sucht den Superstar, which is a German singing competition based on the Idol format - something like "German Idol" in German haha. 



Anyway it is a really nice pop song - very commercialized sound but yes, I like it haha.

There are some really sweet memories etched within the melody of this song actually. Two years ago, one of my college friend introduced this song to my close friend and she fell in love with it. When I hear it, I knew why. YY is always fond of romantic songs and this one is a really nice one indeed. 

A whole bunch of us at that time were assignment mates (around 4 to 5 of us) and we shared this track among ourselves and it somehow became our song in some ways. We loved it so much that we inserted it into our short film for our final project. And at that time, it was kinda also like the romantic song for YY and all the guys who liked her (long story). 

Anyway, then after our final project, me and me classmates went for a Penang trip and I made sure that this song is on my playlist, since my gang is traveling with me in my car, I thought this would be the ultimate track to sing along. This was one of the songs that was repeating on my car's stereo when we were in Penang, thus, this song teleports me back to those great moments I had with my college buddies...Sigh...and that was swiftly 2 years ago. Time really flies.





(My Kenari plays a huge part in this road trip ;P) 








 

 




 These are memories that I shall cherish forever...
Though I can't apply the lyrics to a man I love, I can definitely mean it to my wonderful friends


Okay, apparently I haven't really mention the song title ya.

"Cry on my Shoulder" - DSDS
It's another lame love song but it's really nice okay. I mean, come on...we need to get a little lovey-dovey sometimes ya and this track is great for you to sing or dance along with your Valentine =). 

If the hero never comes to you
If you need someone you're feeling blue
If you're away from love and you're alone
If you call your friends and nobody's home
You can run away but you can't hide
Through a storm and through a lonely night
Then I show you there's a destiny
The best things in life
They're free


Chorus:

But if you wanna cry
Cry on my shoulder
If you need someone who cares for you
If you're feeling sad your heart gets colder
Yes I show you what real love can do

If your sky is grey oh let me know
There's a place in heaven where we'll go
If heaven is a million years away
Oh just call me and I make your day
When the nights are getting cold and blue
When the days are getting hard for you
I will always stay here by your side
I promise you I'll never hide
 

Repeat chorus
 

What real love can do
What love can do
What real love can do
What love can do
What real love can do
What love can do



With Lotsa Lurve,

TammyC hoping for more happy memories to come =) ~

No comments:

Post a Comment