TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"DOWN" WITH THE HITS OF '09

It's 13th January and I still haven't come out with a list of my top songs for 2009.
But it is difficult because when it comes to music, I don't necessarily rock out to the top songs of the latest pop charts. My music taste varies and sometimes I could be ringing my eardrums with tracks from the 80s' or boybands from the 90s' or maybe some unknown country songs that I somehow heard on YouTube.

So it is really hard for me to do decide my 2009 songs because some of the songs I love listening to in 2009 aren't really 2009 songs itself, since they were not produced in 2009.

However, there is this super cool DJ who has successfully made a hot track out of 2009's  top 25 pop songs. I thought I really have to share this one but I guess you guys probably heard it on the radio or on Facebook already since the video has been circulating.

And the best part about this song is that it basically captured all my favourite songs of 2009 into one track. Save me the trouble.
 
Sorry missed out Miley Cyrus & Colby O'Donis

A story to share regarding my encountering this song.
I was on Facebook as usual (I hate to admit it but YES I'm a Facebook addict lar) scrolling on some of my friend's status updates bla bla bla and I saw this video posted by one of my friends - Top 25 Pop Songs of 2009 Remix by DJ Earworm.  Watched it and boy, I was SUPER IMPRESSED with the song! Call me sis to watch the video and listen to the song because I know she likes remixes... and she said, well if without the video the song won't work. So I believe she's saying "it's not that great". I'm like "Hello? What???"

Nevermind I don't need her approval of the song because the next thing I know, the song is blasting on radio stations like Hitz.fm and FlyFM already. *applause* applause* I'll take it that people with great music taste (ahem, yours truly being one of them) knows an excellent hit when they hear one. Naturally, I bragged about it to me sis *wink*. She still doesn't want to accept how great it is. Oh well...

Back to the song then. DJ Earworm practically made a whole new song with the top 25 hits of 2009. Amazing work. Everything sounds perfect...there is a chorus, there is a bridge leading to the chorus and the music all blends in perfectly. If I had to give this hot track a title, I think I'll call it "Gettin' Down with 2009" with Awesome as its middle name.

Check this out and tell me what you think =)


The ingredients that are all mashed up into making this smashing hit:

The Black Eyed Peas - BOOM BOOM POW
Lady Gaga - POKER FACE
Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O'Donis - JUST DANCE
The Black Eyed Peas - I GOTTA FEELING
Taylor Swift - LOVE STORY
Flo Rida - RIGHT ROUND
Jason Mraz - I'M YOURS
Beyonce - SINGLE LADIES (PUT A RING ON IT)
Kanye West - HEARTLESS
The All-American Rejects - GIVES YOU HELL
Taylor Swift - YOU BELONG WITH ME
T.I. Featuring Justin Timberlake - DEAD AND GONE
The Fray - YOU FOUND ME
Kings Of Leon - USE SOMEBODY
Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo - KNOCK YOU DOWN
Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain - BLAME IT
Pitbull - I KNOW YOU WANT ME (CALLE OCHO)
T.I. Featuring Rihanna - LIVE YOUR LIFE
Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie - KISS ME THRU THE PHONE
Jay Sean Featuring Lil Wayne - DOWN
Miley Cyrus - THE CLIMB
Drake - BEST I EVER HAD
Kelly Clarkson - MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU
Beyonce - HALO
Katy Perry - HOT N COLD




With Lotsa Lurve,
TammyC signing off from home
ps: Super loving this track. It's call the United States of Pop 2009 btw.





No comments:

Post a Comment