TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

HOW CAN I NOT SEE IT'S YOU, LEONA

The new Jake Sully opened his big eyes yellow eyes, signifying his new birth, in his new body.
Then the we travel across Pandora...
With a beautiful song as accompaniment.





I love the mood that they song adds into the picture...
It made feel calm as the song kinda lifted me up (though not physically lar), as if I'm flying along the serene landscapes featured on the big screen.
Then *puff*... just have to wake up

 

If you have NOOOOOOOO idea what I'm talking about among that whole load of crap....so sorry. Actually I was talking about the song that was featured at the end of Avatar; the one that accompanied the rolling credits.

I promised myself to look for that song once I'm out of the cinema. But two weeks after that I still haven't make the effort to search for the song. But but but...the other day at my cousin's house while watching MTV, this song just introduces itself to me muahaha.
I was like "OMG! It's Leona Lewis!"...



I think I was meaning to say "OMG! It's Leona Lewis who sang the song from Avatar. Wicked~ (British expression for super kewl!)". God, how can I not know. With that beautiful voice. My cousin said she thought it was Celine Dion who sang the song. But I think Celine Dion has a more distinctive voice which I can recognize so I know it's not Celine.

Anyway I think it's brilliant to get Leona Lewis to sing Avatar's theme song. It makes perfect sense. She is like one of the biggest star with an amazing voice...following the footsteps of great artistes like Celine and Whitney but she's like the new modern edition...perfectly capturing what Avatar is for James Cameron - a modern movie of what would be a classic like Titanic. James Cameron is just brilliant. He not only makes movie but ensures that the songs for his movie stands out, just like "My Heart Will Go On".

Leona Lewis's song is "I See You".
I love this song. It's mainly above love and this song brilliantly encapsulates the love between Jake and Neytiri in the movie Avatar into its melodic lines.

It's about how you learn more about yourself, through the person you love - just like how Jake learned more about life, more about himself through Neytiri.
The people who loves you are the ones who would point out your faults and tell you how great you are. That's why "I See Me, through your eyes"


 

I see you
I see you
Walking through a dream
I see you
My light in darkness breathing hope of new life
Now I live through you and you through me
Enchanting
I pray in my heart that this dream never ends
I see me through your eyes

Living through life flying high
Your life shines the way into paradise
So I offer my life as a sacrifice
I live through your love
You teach me how to see

All that’s beautiful
My senses touch your word I never pictured
Now I give my hope to you
I surrender
I pray in my heart that this world never ends
I see me through your eyes
Living through life flying high

Your love shines the way into paradise
So I offer my life
I offer my love, for you
When my heart was never open
(and my spirit never free)
To the world that you have shown me
But my eyes could not division
All the colours of love and of life ever more

Evermore
(I see me through your eyes)
I see me through your eyes
(Living through life flying high)
Flying high

Your love shines the way into paradise
So I offer my life as a sacrifice
And live through your love
And live through your life
I see you
I see you



With Lotsa Love,
TammyC "I See You" from home



No comments:

Post a Comment