TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Thursday, November 5, 2009

DO YOU WANNA KNOW?

I don't wanna know....
I don't wanna know....

I Don't Wanna Know by New Found Glory
 
















The beginning of this song seems stupid but the melody compliments it...
Honestly this is a nice song but if I were to sing it, I'd say I WANNA KNOW instead haha.

First verse of the song is about meeting this someone, this special person, maybe for only one time or maybe you are lucky to have more than one time with him/her.

So basically, describing that feeling of head-over-heels in love and not wanting to know what will happen next. 

Your eyes were covered in sunglasses
When they first met mine
I sat there and stared at you
You didn't seem to mind
The awkward ways we meet


First comes heavy breathing
Staring at the ceiling
What will happen next
I don't wanna know
I don't wanna know
 

Oh boy! I remember some times right, you'll be like walking down the streets OR jammed in the car and you look over to your left or right....and there he is....a good-looking chap. Okaylar, I better not talk too much about 'hotness'. Apparently I'm 'obsessed' with hot guys lol...according to my cousin sister. To be fair lar, I am a personality person also OKAY! Thank you very much.

Anywayz, yep. It's like there's this guy right, whom you really is attracted to and then EVERYTIME you are with the dude you like right, you are bound to look silly or say ridiculous things that DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. Yeah I know how it feels and honestly, this song's chorus basically explains the awkwardness one might feel lar when we are confronting our crush. But I don't know why the writer doesn't want to know what will happen next because I always would want to know haha.  

I never cared how i dressed before
But I cared that night
Anticipation ran through my bones
And my clothes never fit right
I can't wait 'til we meet again
 


I actually like this verse because it applies.
I'm really the kinds girl who doesn't care about really dressing up or making up because I really think that when I actually wear make-up, I feel UGLY lol.

So naturally, I prefer my t-shirts & shorts. You really should see me in my large T-shirts and shorts. King Kong ALWAYS TEASES me when I'm in that. Darn it!

But I can't help but want to look EXTRA good if I'm actually going out with my crush. I mean, of course...I believe it applies to everyone. And it is also true, it's like you can't seem to find the RIGHT outfit for the occasion. Usually I end up picking the worst among my collection of ugly clothes. But anyway, not important hehe. Just me feeling the song.

Framed pictures start to be put on the walls
Constant visits while I'm out on the road
It's hard to leave sometimes
But you know where I lay my head at night


As the song lyrics progress, I assumed that the writer is finally with the girl he loves. And crazily in love some more. She knows where he is every night, pictures of them together are now ornamenting the walls...that sort of thing...



The boys from New Found Glory
Well, they sure look Artsy hehe


Well I guess in other words, it's better if YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW haha...then things will turn out better.

Anyway, I wish I can say that I like the music video as much as I like the song.
Truth is, I don't really get the music video.
It's sad that sometimes, the music video doesn't reflect on the song at all....
I mean, the song is supposed to tell the story and I was really hoping that the music video is translating the lyrical expressions into visual work. But I guess, to a certain extent, I'm disappointed with the storyline of the music video. In terms of visual art effects, I think there were some pretty brilliant effects.

I mean, most country artiste have brilliant music video that is related to the song lyrics. And even if not related, the meaning is there. For this music video, it's either me who's shallow, or the music video is really that complicated =D.

I can embed the music video here but if you are interested to watch it CLICK HERE

Not a bad song at all. Probably the only song by New Found Glory that caught my attention. You know, me sis listens to New Found Glory songs and of all the out-of-tune songs she sang, this one is the one that even though out of tune, still sticks in me mind~ haha.

Enjoy~
By the way, I do wanna know because of my busy-body nature hehe.

Cheers~


 TammyC


No comments:

Post a Comment