TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Thursday, November 12, 2009

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'OUR LAST SUMMER' & MY LAST SUMMER

Though it has been 2 months, my last summer was still fresh in my mind.
This song is about a beautiful summer two souls shared together.
My summer wasn't really romantic like that but a total of 300 souls shared this summer together. So it was really THE SUMMER of my lifetime.



I can still recall, 
Our last summer,
I still see it all,
Walks along the Seine,
(For me: Walks along Lime Street, and maybe to Albert Dock)
Laughing in the rain,
(For me: Rushing through the rain because no umbrella...TOO EXPENSIVE LAR but later also bought one lar for 3 Pounds)
Our last summer,
Memories that remain.

We made our way along the river 
(For me: We made our way to the top of Lake District)
And we sat down in the grass
(Eh, I did this too!)




By the Eiffel tower
(No chance to go to Eiffel Tower lar but always sing in the shower hehe)
I was so happy we had met
It was the age of no regret
Oh yes

(Very happy to have met Andrew ahem...no lar my flatmates also. It was a pleasure to have all of them in the same house as me. Also J.T. and Wei Sin brought new meaning to my Liverpool experience)



Wei Sin, me & Lydia


J.T. the not-so-Gerrard & me


Those crazy years, that was the time
(Not crazy years lar, but CRAZY~ days...my flatmates all crack under stress. They do stupid silly things that no human can explain but it was really fun)

Of the flower-power
But underneath we had a fear of flying

(No fear of flying lar, fear of failing more like it)

Of getting old, a fear of slowly dying
(Not fear of ourselves dying lar, we're afraid that others might die because of us since we are so stressed out we might kill others to release stress)
We took the chance
Like we were dancing our last dance



I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all
In the tourist jam, round the Notre Dame

(Not the Notre Dame lar, maybe Albert Dock hehe)
Our last summer
Walking hand in hand 

(Not everyone walk hand in hand lar, some people only some people only)

Paris restaurants
(Lobster Pot hehe)
Our last summer
Morning croissants
(Cereal)
Living for the day, worries far away
(Worries a bit far away lar AT FIRST, the last few weeks if you don't worry about assignments then you are really robot man)
Our last summer
We could laugh and play

(At first really laugh and play lar, when it was time for assignments, it was more like not enough time in a day)

And now you're working in a bank
(Now I'm soon-to-be jobless and not working in a bank)
The family man, a football fan
(Never gonna be a family man, never a football fan - but this description reminds me of JT lar)
And your name is Harry

(My name is Tammy)
How dull it seems
(Ya now my life is REAL dull)
Yet you're the hero of my dreams
(Waiting to meet the hero of my dreams)

This is one of my favourite Abba song. Fell in love with it after watching Mamma Mia!
Enjoy~





Love,
TammyC


No comments:

Post a Comment