TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

TRYING TO GO BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES

Kris Allen - Winner of American Idol 6 or 7 or 8. I can't even remember.
But all I can remember is his good looks and his nice voice and the fact that he's only 23 but is not available anymore.

Many may feel that Adam Lambert deserves the title more. Well, honestly speaking, the title is just a title. I mean, we can see that sometimes, you don't need to be the winner to be the successful one.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Adam Lambert because I don't get his style.
So naturally, I'm more a Kris fan. Love his style...again, Kris has some 'country'-style in him.

This is one of Kris's song that I really like.
It's like his winning song.


No Boundaries




This is a meaningful song though some may argue that the lyrics are lame.
I mean seriously, it is kinda inspiration.

Seconds, hours, so many days,
You know what you want but how long can you wait...
Every moment last forever
When you feel you've lost your way.

What if my chances are already gone
I started believing that I could be wrong
But you give me one good reason
To fight and never walk away....

So here I am still holding on

This verse describe my feelings now exactly.
It's like you want to achieve something and do something you love but then you keep waiting and waiting for that moment...it seems like it's so long and you are not sure if you'll get there or not. And the wait makes you doubt yourself.  The pressure of that wait makes you feel that your decision could be wrong.

A friend of mine shared with me some words of wisdom from a great man (whom I don't even know the name). It is not hard to make a decision - for example, the decision to follow your dreams or your passion. But the hardest part is dealing with the pressure and consequences of that decision that you've made.

So very true. I feel that this is the thing that barricades us from really following our dreams sometimes - self-doubt.
Plus, what if it is fated that you don't have a chance to achieve your dreams? Sometimes, you don't really get to choose your fate, no matter how much you don't believe in fate.

But then someone might come by, be it your parent, your friend, or even someone who you might not know...and they made you believe again. 
Sometimes, it could even be a simple song. This is one of those songs that inspire.


Every step you climb another mountain,
Every breath is harder to believe,
You'll make it through the pain,
Weather the hurricanes,
To get to that one thing,
And when you feel the road is going no where,
Just when you almost gave up on your dreams,
They take you by the hand
And so you that you can, 
There are no boundaries...




I fought to limits to stand on the edge,
What if today is as good as it gets?
Don't know where the future's heading
But nothing's gonna bring me down
I've jumped every bridge and I've run every line,
I risked being safe but I always knew why,
I always knew why...




I guess in some ways I really don't know where my future's heading and I've always tried to take a more unconventional road. I chose not to go to Form 6 like all of my best friends, I chose to stick to my decision to stay in Advanced Diploma. But of course there were times where I chose the safe road too but all because I have a goal...some sort of aim which in some ways kinda blurred as time passes. I am really struggling to hang on to it.

I just hope that I can stay strong and continue the journey to reaching my destiny, which should of course be my goal.
















No Boundaries~
TammyC


No comments:

Post a Comment