TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

THE PRAYER, MY PRAYER


THE PRAYER



Probably one of the best songs to ever penetrate our ear loops.
Plus, the lyrics - inspirational and beautiful. The perfect combination of music and lyrics.

The grand beginning of this song brings me to a place far far away. It's like, it brings me to outer space, where I'm floating between the beautiful stars. Pure darkness, ornamented by the sparkles of the stars.

This song has been sung by many of the most famous and successful singers such as Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion and Josh Groban and Charlotte Church.

You know, when you are feeling so weak as a human, and when you need the extra strength to pick yourself up...you pray.

I pray a lot actually.
I believe that everything that I go through is for a purpose. And I believe that God is the one who helped me through.
I don't have a particular belief on one particular God. I believe that there is God out there, one or many for that matter, watching over me.

I pray you'll be our eyes,
And watch us where we go,
And help us to be wise
In times when we don't know

Let this be our prayer
As we go our way
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe

 

The lyrics to this song say it all.
Just us, the weak humans asking God for help, for guidance, for strength when we are lost...
For sanctuary so that we can feel secure and safe.
I mean, at this point in life, I can honestly say that I am lost. I feel like I just have no idea how to get to what I want. I guess last time, I am very sure what I want to do. I guess now I know too but, I just don't know the best way to get there, or rather, I haven't been given an opportunity to do the things I love yet.

But I'm praying night and day for the best. I'm patiently waiting as well. I hope my dreams will come true soon. =)

La luce che to dai (The light that you give us)
I pray we'll find your light
Nel cuore resterò (Will stay in our hearts)
And hold it in our hearts
A ricordarchi che (Reminding us)
When stars go out each night
L'eterna stella sei (That in my prayer)
Nella mia preghiera (You are an everlasting star)
Let this be our prayer
Quanta fede c'è (There's so much faith)
When shadows fill our day
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace

Give us faith so we'll be safe.
Sognamo un mondo senza più violenza (We dream of world with no more violence)
Un mondo di giustizia e di speranza ( A world of justice and hope)
Ognuno dia la mano al suo vicino (Grasp your neighbors hand)
Simbolo di pace e di fraternità (As a symbol of peace and brotherhood.)

La forza che ci dai (The strength that you give us)
We ask that life be kind
E'il desiderio che (Is the wish)
And watch us from above
Ognuno trovi amore (That everyone may find love)
We hope each soul will find
Intorno e dentro a sé (In and around himself)
Another soul to love

Let this be our prayer
Just like every child
Needs to find a place,
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe

E la fede che (And the faith that)
Hai acceso in noi (You've lit inside us)
Sento che ci salverà (I feel will save us )

This song is like a prayer in itself, hence, the title "The Prayer".
It's a prayer for all...for everyone....
Not a selfish prayer, like the ones I'm used to making.

There's a good reason I really love this song. It's romantic, it's beautiful. The song prays that everyone finds the happiness and the love that they deserve. The song prays that one doesn't end up lonely and sad. The song prays that everyone feels safe with life....

I remember once I saw on my friend's phone a clip of a couple's marriage in Australia.
There were heart shaped fireworks above the Sydney Opera House and this song was blasting through the air together with the fireworks. It was beautiful...

Do I want my wedding to be like that?
I'd be lying if I say no, but then, it's not necessary at all.
I mean, it's really the fact that you've found that special person in your life and the fact that you can actually spend the rest of your life together that makes the wedding special, hehe...not the heart-shaped fireworks or the romantic music, though those are bonus lar hehe. Not everyone get to be with the person they truly love for the rest of their lives. That is true.

But the Prayer wish that everyone finds happiness.
And I wish that for everyone too...
Because that is true. Everyone deserves to have that smile on their face~ that upward curve =)

 

This is the Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli version of The Prayer.
The best I can find on Youtube.




Another version by Josh Groban & Charlotte Church.

I don't have a favourite between both because I love both version =D
Hehe~
Enjoy














"I'll like to take this chance to pray for everyone, from the bottom of my heard. 

For my family, may we live together happily as one, united as ever, and may all our challenges and hardships sail past us and that all of us head towards a happy and better life in near future.

For my friends, may all of us find a job that we truly love and share a deep passion for.  At this time, we may all be lost in our directions, but I pray that we all find something or somewhere where we can head to in life and have fun doing it. May our friendship and bond last forever - strong and solid and that the winds of change doesn't alter our love and care for one another. May we can still look back at our great times together, laugh but at the same time, move ahead together and continue laughing and enjoying each other's company...

As for myself, I just want to be happy & live my life to the max...doing the things I love and learn to plan for my future. I hope to embrace adulthood with a more open heart and I hope that I'll love it as much as I love my young adult life."

May everyone find what they are searching for in life....
Love,
TammyC





No comments:

Post a Comment