TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Sunday, November 29, 2009

IT'S YOUR TIME TO GO


Track number 11 on the album "Love Drunk".

#11
My number - my song.
When I heard my sister singing this track "Get up and go, go ahead and be strong, or you can spend your whole life holding on" - I fell in love with the song (not her singing mind you).

Beautiful melody that accompanies such meaningful lyrics. Another perfect 'hit' casted by Boys Like Girls.

Boys Like Girls - Go




A little change of the heart
A little light in the dark
A little hope that you just might find your way up out of here
'Cause you've been hiding for days
Wasted and wasting away
But I got a little hope today you'll face your fears

Yeah, I know it's not easy, I know that it's hard
Follow the lights to the city

[Chorus]:
Get up and go
Take a chance and be strong
Or you could spend whole life holding on
Don't look back, just go
Take a breath, move along
Or you could spend your whole life holding on
You could spend your whole life holding on

Believe the tunnel can end
Believe your body can mend
Yeah, I know you can make it through
'Cause I believe in you
So let's go put up a fight
Let's go make everything alright
Go on and take a shot, go give it all you got

Oh yeah, I know it's not easy
I know that it's hard
No, it's not always pretty

[Chorus]

Don't wanna wake up to the telephone ring
"Are you sitting down? I need to tell you something."
Enough is enough, you can stop waiting to breathe
And don't wait up for me

[ChorusX2]

Don't you spend your whole life holding on, yeah
 

Face your fears, be strong and take action. That's basically the core message of the song. Keeps me going really. I mean many many times I find myself procrastinating and finding excuse to really not do anything. Sometimes, songs like these really get you going. It's like a kick in the you-know-where. Makes you wake up and start rolling.

I'm really beginning to really dig Boys Like Girl's songs. Their acoustic versions are brilliant as well. This is what I'm talking about man! Bands like Boys Like Girls really rock...literally.

So before I go, I leave you with Boys Like Girls "Go".





Love,
TammyC







No comments:

Post a Comment