TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'M A DREAMER


DREAMER - Bethany Dillon




This song is beautiful, I don't know why I just like the chorus.
The melody is also very nice.

I bet many of you don't know Bethany Dillon. I stumble upon her while soul-searching for songs with good lyrics. Bethany Dillon is actually a Christian-country singer and some of her songs are really really good too.

I think you can relate this song to God and to faith and to believing in your own dreams. It's about working towards making your dreams come true.

That's why I love the song.
The title says it all...I am a DREAMER. 

Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream

Imagine a beautiful castle
And a beautiful king
He left the comfort of his throne
To fight for victory
 

I am a dreamer
Take me higher
Open the sky up
Start a fire
I believe
Even if it's just a dream


I always dream, that's for sure. I'm an idealist, too idealistic sometimes. I derive happiness from something non-existence - dreams, idealistic fantasies that might not be true. But then again, dare to dream they say. Because sometimes, dreams are what keep you moving on. Because sometimes, when you have faith, your dreams do come true. And that is what I keep believing.

I was really down for the past few weeks and I find that it is because I've somehow started losing faith. I was doubting life and doubting myself. I stop believing in hope. Never give up hope they say, but I guess I'm starting to belief again. I've learned that sometimes, when we are down, we just need time to get back up and start believing again.

Love woke me up this morning
And I ran to see
The king in the winners' circle
On the horse he won for me
 

Only a king would do anything
To protect the kingdom
Only a king would do anything
To protect the kingdom
Only a king would do anything
To protect the kingdom


Apparently this song is off the Soundtrack of the movie with the same  title "Dreamer", which is a true story about horses. Very country-flick ya.



The movie stars Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning. I've yet to watch it but the brilliant casts and the all thumbs and toes up movie reviews on the movie really gave a great tug. I think I'm going to try find this movie haha. I bet it is super inspiring. Not as glorious as "Seabiscuit" they say, but I always believe that movie doesn't have to be like a super duper production to be good. I find some of the greatest movies to be those low-budgeted and simple films that reach out deep into your heart and soul. That's what I call a great movie. Example? "The Kite Runner."

Again, check this video out. I love the country thing going on in the video. Simple but really nice to the ears. I can't help but get so into these country things haha. Enjoy~




Love,
Tammy





No comments:

Post a Comment