TAM-MY-MUSIC, MY-LIFE

"A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, sex...but then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics, they're story, who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic" - Sophie

Friday, November 27, 2009

LEARNING TO CLIMB

Too many songs I want to share.
I've been bombarded with a few good songs lately I don't know which one to write about first.

I've settle with this one (I don't know why) but though I really kind of despise Miley Cyrus, I actually really like this song AND this song I can relate to at this exact moment.

"Life's a climb, but the view is great"
- One of my favourite quote from the movie. Of course! It's an advice by the hot dude, Travis (Lucas Teel) in the movie.

I can almost see,
That dream I'm dreaming,
But there's a voice inside my head saying,
'You'll never reach it'

Every step I'm taking,
Every move I make feels,
Lost with no directions,
My faith is shaking

Chasing something that I believe in but slowly and gradually forgetting what it means to believe in dreams. Every step I'm taking and every move I make really feels lost with no directions.

But this was how I felt 2 months back - my past that I'd want to put behind me.

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high
 

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose


Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

 
The mountain is metaphorically representing problems. We ALWAYS want to avoid problem or push them away (make it move)...But it's not about avoiding the problems but rather facing them and wading our way through the uphill battle. I guess indirectly, I'm choosing to avoid problems to. I want the fast way out all the time. I want to get to my dream destination as soon as possible. I think in some ways, I neglected the climb. I failed to enjoy the journey to my destination. I guess that's something I am still learning to do. 

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking


I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going


And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on


I guess we face challenge in every single day. I realize now I wish that I don't have to struggle that much. I wish now that I don't have any problems to think about at all. I wish I had a free mind....but life ain't about that. It's about being strong and going on...So I still have to keep on climbing the climb and look out for the view =).

I don't understand how such a tacky movie (Hannah Montana) can have songs that meaningful as soundtrack.  Sorry very subjective opinion included but seriously...

Thank God for a good meaningful song. Enjoy~





TammyC
Climbing the climb,
Hanging on to faith,
Facing problems,
Embracing the future with a brand new and hopefully GENUINE SMILE~

No comments:

Post a Comment